Welcome to 'we teach'--a forum for parents and teachers to share ideas, learn from each other, and grow as educators for our children.
If you're new here, it can be pretty overwhelming. Don't stress! No worries! You got it!
Here's what you can do to make this quickly-growing forum a little bit smaller:
1. Join any and ALL groups that interest you! Really! All of our groups are open to all members--there's a no-moderation standard--so you are welcome in all groups! You only need to join the groups in order to participate in discussion threads--you won't be spammed by the group administrators--seriously!
2. Update your profile! Add a photo of you or of something that interests you. Share a little bit about your background, what interests you, and your hometown, blog, family, whatever. That way members can get to know you a bit beyond your default sunflower face.
3. Look around! Check out the latest activity on the top of the forum. It marks what everyone is doing--adding to discussions, updates to people's profiles, added links, photos, and videos. You'll get a feel for what people are sharing, and hopefully you'll see that you can do the same!
4. Add something here or there! See where it says 'FORUM' on the main page? That's the open discussion forum, where you can ask anything, any time!
Start a discussion, reply to a discussion, feel free to share links, photos, videos. Anything relevant. Anything you think will support our members.
Share your favorite holiday craft or the ways that you rocked your latest playgroup with a super-cool activity that kept the 3yo's busy and moms in awe. Remember how you began the school year with an activity that got kids feeling comfortable? share it! Have a favorite author or children's book? Share it! Want to sing the praises of your favorite product? Let us know!
5. Ask questions and have fun! Ask those burning education, parenting, or teaching-related questions. Find out where you can find reliable resources for teaching special learners or math or foreign languages. Meet people and make connections. Meet up at conferences and find new blogs and sites to read. It is awesome to have a large forum of people bound by similar interests, so take advantage of it, share the 'we teach' love, and have fun!
7. Join a chat! Anytime at all, you can just 'chat' on the forum by clicking on the 'Members Online' box in the lower right hand corner of the screen. It's easy, it's fun, and it's a great way to get to know members.
We have a focused twitter chat each month, from 9-10pm ET the first Monday of the month. Join the fun!
The only thing we ask is that you don't use this forum as an opportunity to advertise you--your product, your site, your business, etc. Please visit our forum standards for more information. If you're interested in advertising with us, let us know, and I'll send you the information you need. Please just respect that the members have requested that this forum remain ad-free and education-focused!
Thanks so much for being here, and I look forward to meeting you--