Twitter events are nothing to fear!
With a few pointers, you will rock even your FIRST Twitter event!
- visit relevant sites and pages and bring questions, comments or concerns to the event
- make sure you have RSVP'd to the event if you want to win prizes (if prizes are offered!)
- be sure to follow the host and all of the panelists so you don't miss a beat!
- use multiple hashtags: only if it’s relevant, and if you think others would be interested-- #parents / #ece [early childhood education] / #teachers / #weteach [forum members] / #math / #literacy / #kidlit / #science / #STEM / #kinderchat [kindergarten teachers]
- add photos: photos are FUN—so add them if you can!
- relax, and have a good time—there’s no wrong way here! side conversations are okay!
If you haven't registered for Twitter, do so BEFORE the event!
And once you're on Twitter, get comfortable with your account by following these important tips:
- Follow back the people who are following you
- Retweet (RT) the things you find interesting to engage in dialogue and build relationships.
- Add a hashtag (#) so your tweets will come up in searches such as #ece for early childhood education
- Create Twitter lists to follow a group of people: follow all of our we teach members by following the we teach Twitter list
- Block and unfollow spam Tweeters
- Use the same etiquette you would use in real life!
- Use direct message (DM) when having a private conversation or sharing email addresses